Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Yea, uh huh

Actual conversation this evening:

Me: "Don't you think the shelves will look better over there?"

John: "Yea, uh huh."

Me: "No, really. Don't you think they will?"

John: "Yea, uh huh."

Me: "Do you think we should put them over there?"

John: "Yea, uh huh."

Me: "Do you even know what I'm talking about?"

John: "Yea, uh huh."

Me: "So, what do you think about putting the shelves over there?"

John: "Where?"

Me: "Are you serious?"

John: "Yea, uh huh."

3 comments:

judy said...

Jolyn, I could think of a lot of comments but I' don't think I'll go there! Things like, "Ummmm sounds familiar."
Please relay to Ruth my great admiration!
Judith

Jolyn said...

Judith,
As a sign of how far we've come (how old we've become??) we were both laughing at the end.
And I will tell Ruth!

Jolyn said...

And the shelves do look better "over there" -- time will tell if they actually stay there!