Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Deja Vu?

What? You say you've been here before? There's a reason for that: it's because I haven't unpacked a single box since the last time you saw this corner.

There comes a time when you just gotta start finding a home for the stuff before the stuff takes the home as its own.

The corner of boxes is showing some improvement:


I did make a special effort to hang up our keychain holder. I have no idea where my set of keys for the house are. Since I have no life they are obviously around here somewhere, but in the meantime John has given me his front door key while he keeps the back. What a gentleman. Of course, he had to admonish me not to lose that one as well. Sure thing, hon. So long as you pick up your mess off the floor. See that pile in the dining room?

No, not that pile. That pile.
Those were some of the toys we carted in our luggage all the way from Italy. They were thrown into a bag when we left the hotel and had been left unpacked since. John just started doing PT* with his unit -- apparently he needed that bag for his workout clothes.
Of course, like the good wife I am, I put away the toys in their proper places without offering up a single admonishment.
But that was just because I feel sorry for him for doing PT again for the first time in, like, six years.
*Yes, I know it is "PC" in the Air Force. I always thought that sounded so contrived; John and I still call it PT from his Army days.

No comments: