Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Snow Bunny

It's a balmy 51 degrees outside, but it's going to take a bit more for the near-record (13 inches?) snowfall to completely melt away. This was just taken today. Everytime I think I have that hat put away it pops up again like a bad habit.

Olivia is the quintessential snow bunny. So befitting with Easter around the corner. Temperature permitting, she will be out making snow castles, "drawing" in the snow, digging, shoveling, piling, poking ... watching her this morning reminded me that we are definitely going to need to get some kind of sand box for our yard. When there is no snow, sand will definitely do. It's the main thing that keeps her outside.


This little guy, on the other hand, came home from preschool completely tuckered out.

No more playing outside for him. Instead I sat him down in front of his favorite "Little Einsteins," always good for what ails you. The novelty of taking the bus seems to have worn off; the sweet man who serves as the bus aide told me that he was quite fussy coming home today, moaning and crying what he could manage in between yawns.


It's no wonder -- daylight savings time seems to have had a negative effect: instead of sleeping in that extra hour, he's running in the opposite direction and waking up an hour earlier. Don't you know I'm loving that. Can someone remind me again why it is that we have daylight savings? What is it, exactly, that we're saving?


Too bad Conner and I have to go get our cavities filled this afternoon and I can't lie down with the little guy for my own nap. Maybe I can manage some shut-eye in the dentist's chair. I'm not sure what that says about me, that I would look forward to relaxing while getting shot up with novocaine. Shouts out that I'm a Mother of Preschoolers, I suppose. Go figure.

3 comments:

Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom said...

Hey! Saw your Mother of Preschooler comment and wondered if you knew of MOPS?!? We have one at our church on the 2nd Fridays if your interested!
Erin

Em said...

Aww, poor guy looks exhausted! That's kinda how I looked/felt when I came home from work yesterday! One more day, though, and it's the weekend...thank goodness!!

Rose Daughter said...

ewww dentists, yuck. but I guess if you can rest... lol.

Poor little guy, looks so adorable.